Wednesday, April 21, 2010

you gotta start somewhere, right?

The plan was to fill this thing with random postings about all things beauty, food, and more. I never quite knew how to get started with the first post though. Somehow I felt like I needed an introduction, some sort of beginning.

and that turned into god knows how long of thinking. half a year??

Anyway, this is welcome, and I will kick start this blog with a NOTD featuring Essie - Baby Cakes. I got this half off at a local beauty store last week, and have been dying to try it. At the store, I was worried the color will be a close dupe of Lilacism, but it turned out to be a much softer, romantic violet color (vs Lilacism is a stark pastel purple that reminds me of easter eggs). Baby Cakes also has a subtle shimmer whereas lilacism is very much a creme. Like most Essies this did take 3 coats to achieve opacity, but the application was fairy easy so I will forgive the 3-coat ness.



and heres lilacism just for comparison:


okay by the pictures they look very very similar...but in the bottle you can see the difference, and of course I don't have the best lighting ever. I'll have to work on that, and maybe a comparison swatch some day. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment