Monday, February 20, 2012

The Blue Cow Cafe

I have always been a fan of Mendocino Farms in Downtown LA. So, when I found out that the folks behind the legendary Bahn Mi Sandwiches are opening up a sit down, I couldn't wait to try it out.



The Blue Cow Cafe has a very hipster vibe complete with super friendly waitresses in plaid shirts. Their food did not disappoint either. I tried the French Dip with Carmelized onions and mushrooms, and I have to say, Best. French. Dip. Ever. It was like Drinking a French onion soup but with juicy, tender meat. So good.



I also tried their special of the day, the Steak Sandwich, and it was delicious as well, with toasty bread, perfectly pink steak slices, roasted red pepper, and a mini spicy kick to it. All sandwiches come with a side salad, which is simple yet refreshing.



I also tried the baked then fried potatoes. Wow, those things are deliciously crunchy. Plus, you can try to convince yourself they're healthy because they're baked....right??

No comments:

Post a Comment