Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Square One Dining

A few weeks ago I had brunch with my ex-roomies at Square One. I've been wanting to try this place for a while but never had the chance. We arrived a little before noon and was told there'd be a 45 minute wait. I think we ended up waiting a little more than that, but the good conversation made the time fly.

Eggs Benedict// poached eggs, house cured salmon & wilted frisee on a shredded potato pancake with hollandaise, shown here with a side of the house potato.

The house potato is BOMB. and I never use that word, bomb.


Omlette// garlic/lemon thyme chicken sausage, roasted tomato and gruyere, shown with side salad
I have to say I'm not as impressed with this dish. The salad dressing wasn't that great, and the omlette was nothing special. I saw my neighbors with fancy looking baked egg dishes in skillets though. Must get that next time...




French Toast//four slices of brioche french toast, with seasonal warm fruit topping and whipped cream

Yes I saved the best for last. The brioche french toast were flavorful and thoroughly battered (no naked bread parts!). The fruit toppings were an extra $3, but well worth it.


I also tried their house coffee which I didn't love. It tasted somewhat sour to me. My friend order a hot chocolate (off menu item!) and it was very rich and satisfying.


Square One Dining
4854 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90029
(Near an enormous Scientology building...)


Parking//Street
Price//$20 per person after tax & tip

No comments:

Post a Comment