Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ramekin LA

You don't say no to desserts, especially ones that are made-to-order, delicious-but-not-too-sweet, and easy on the eyes.

I don't spend too much time in Los Feliz, but when I heard about the soft opening of ramekin, I had to go check it out (excuse the fuzzy drive-by shot).




Turned out everything was free at this soft opening. Free desserts? Now I'm extra glad I came. I wished I hadn't eaten dinner first though so I could have tried everything on the menu. I settled for the banana cream pie and the chocolate bread pudding (I heard the cookies are to die for too...)




The chocolate bread pudding. It consists of a layer of melty chocolate at the bottom and chunks of buttered and grilled bread cubes on top (kind of like croutons, but softer). Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmm.



The banana cream pie. This one doesn't look as impressive as the chocolate bread pudding, but the flavors were still good. I had a little issue with the graham cracker crust being stuck to the ramekin, but I'm sure they'll fix that by opening day.





They also generously let us sample all their home made ice creams and sorbets. This is the guava sorbet. It was sweet and fruity, like eating the real thing, but better. Nothing artificial here.




There is no set opening day for ramekin yet, but soft opening should be going on from 7PM - 10PM daily (check their facebook page to be sure). Enjoy!


Ramekin
1726 N. Vermont Ave. (at Kingswell Ave.), Los Feliz
(310) 395-6416ramekinla.com

Parking: Street


No comments:

Post a Comment